Odd Socks Week is part of the Anti-Bullying Week. It is a chance to celebrate that we are all unique.
All we ask is that our players wear odd socks during training between Sunday 10th-16th of November. Remember we still need everyone to wear shin guards.
Here are some of the topics that we’ll be discussing with our players this week:
Different kinds of bullying:
- Emotional: being unfriendly, excluding (emotionally and physically) sending hurtful text messages, tormenting, (e.g. hiding football boots/shin guards, threatening gestures).
- Physical: pushing, kicking, hitting, punching or any use of violence
- Racist: racial taunts, graffiti, gestures
- Discrimination: comments, jokes about disabled people, sexist comments.
- Verbal: name-calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours, teasing & trolling.
What should I do if I know of a player who’s being bullied?